A few months ago I posted about wanting to recreate a doll pattern that I had designed years ago. The story goes that in between designing the pattern and finding the time and need to sew up a third doll, the pattern disappeared. It's hardly surprising with all that has happened in the past 6 years.
This winter, I finally found time to work on recreating the pattern! My first attempt yielded the curly haired baby shown here:
While I decided that the pattern, overall, was a success, the doll ended up being slightly larger than I wanted it to be this time around. I wanted something smaller and younger.
My second attempt was even more successful! From the revised pattern, I created these two little ones. I quickly claimed the first for myself and my children spoke for the second.
We, errr..., *I* have been having fun knitting little clothes for them. It's still a work in progress, but I think I can finally say that I recreated the look and feel that I was after. Phew!
They are a heck of a lot of fun to pose. They move so nicely and seem to snuggle up to each other perfectly.
And I have to admit, it makes a mighty fine excuse for knitting newborn-sized projects!