Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Small Victory

A few months ago I posted about wanting to recreate a doll pattern that I had designed years ago.  The story goes that in between designing the pattern and finding the time and need to sew up a third doll, the pattern disappeared.  It's hardly surprising with all that has happened in the past 6 years.

This winter, I finally found time to work on recreating the pattern!  My first attempt yielded the curly haired baby shown here:
  
While I decided that the pattern, overall, was a success, the doll ended up being slightly larger than I wanted it to be this time around.  I wanted something smaller and younger.  

My second attempt was even more successful!  From the revised pattern, I created these two little ones.  I quickly claimed the first for myself and my children spoke for the second. 


We, errr..., *I* have been having fun knitting little clothes for them.  It's still a work in progress, but I think I can finally say that I recreated the look and feel that I was after.  Phew!

They are a heck of a lot of fun to pose.  They move so nicely and seem to snuggle up to each other perfectly.

 


And I have to admit, it makes a mighty fine excuse for knitting newborn-sized projects!

No comments: