Monday, March 5, 2012

The Budding Photojournalist

Ever since she was a toddler, my elder daughter has been something of a shutterbug.  Oh, sure, what kid doesn't like playing with a camera?  Especially now that you can see the pictures right away with digital technology.  But what I mean is, she's got a real aptitude for it.  She seems to frame things well and can get even the crankiest customer to show their bright side to the camera.

When she was just 2 years old, she took the following pictures of me.  She had JUST turned 2, mind you.  There are still diapers on her changing table in the background!


The summer she was 4, she took these:

Most recently, I let her loose with my ipod touch in a yarn store.  It was mostly to keep her occupied, but the staff and customers were smitten with her and it turned into a really great experience.






And this past weekend, we turned her loose on a family gathering and she came up with these:



 
She has a great eye for people and how to frame a picture.  Usually, if it's blurry or underexposed, it's because she's limited by the camera or lighting. 

I'm thinking that a kid-safe camera is in her near future...

No comments: