Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Never-Ending Project List

As I come to the close of my current knitting project, it's time to decide what will be next.  I like to think about this before I finish my current project because often I'll need a few days to wash, dry, and cake up the yarn for the next project.  Planning ahead by 3 days means I won't have down time between projects unless I want it.  This time, as I finish up a pair of longies for my youngest, I find myself conflicted as to what should be next.

As a way to calm myself down enough to pick a project, I decided to write out all of the projects that I've been throwing around this fall.  In an old fashioned Pro and Con list, I came up with 14 projects and 4 UFOs to finish.  It's no wonder I was having a hard time figuring out what needed to come next!  Without further ado, here is the current list of projects that I'd like to pick from.

New Projects:
  1. Mittens for A
  2. 1-2 sweaters for A
  3. Longies for M out of Ellyl yarn
  4. Longies for M out of Irish Meadow  yarn
  5. Stuffed monsters for A's bday bash
  6. Dog sweater
  7. Hat for C's client
  8. Mittens for C
  9. Hat for A (she only has balaclavas!)
  10. Coasters for the living room
  11. Dishrags (a gift truly for myself)
  12. Mittens for M
  13. Slippers for A (I have had the leather soles for 3 years, waiting for her to grow into them!)
  14. Sweater for myself (I don't have ANY sweaters that I made for me.)
UFOs:
  1. Turn M's pink footies into longies
  2. Crocheted yarn bag (I have the squares all done, just needs assembly)
  3. My cardigan (I stopped working on it when C told me the color was not good for my complexion.)
  4. My mittens (horrible pattern, horrible fit.  needs severe re-working!)

The question now is what to do next?  I have the yarn on-hand for probably every single one of those projects.  Which is most important?  Which is most time-sensitive?  Who's begging the loudest?  I'm pretty sure I left something out, too....

1 comment:

Steph said...

i'd assemble the crocheted yarn bag! i think that sounds so cool AND i want to see the finished product. how long would that take, do you think?