Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Great Green Beans

During the 4 warm months of the year, we like to grill.  We plan ahead and buy a LOT of meat for the grill and usually pair it with a lot of fresh produce.  I try to organize things so that I shop in the morning and we grill in the afternoon or evening of the same day.  I don't like to keep raw meat hanging around in my refrigerator for too many days, so getting it out the same day I buy it really makes me happy.

On our most recent grill-day, we had:

BBQ chicken thighs that I had marinated with a recipe from Once a  Month Cooking.
Stadium Brats (12 of them, I believe)
Polish sausages (6)
Hot dogs (12)
Roasted yellow peppers
Boiled corn on the cob
Hamburgers
Fresh strawberries (I got a GREAT deal on those, $3.76 for 2 quarts of berries)
Trappy's Field Peas
and this green bean recipe.

It was heavenly.

We ate grilled leftovers from Sunday until Thursday.  All I had to do was reheat it each night and everyone had their fill of whichever meat they wanted plus all the veggies.  I wish I'd taken a picture because it looked like we had enough food for 20 people. 

1 comment:

Penniless Parenting said...

You should know that I got a warning that your blog contains info from the cutest blog on the block, a site known to distribute malware. It warned me not to come to your site but I wanted to advise you to take that off. :-D