Friday, February 25, 2011

A Painful Knitting Blunder

I have committed a painful knitting blunder.  I knit a beautiful sweater dress in size 5T for my older daughter.  It's full of twist stitch patterns, textured patterns, elaborate ribs, lacework, and picot edging.  It's truly a lovely little bit of cotton candy fluff for my little Princess.  It was only after I'd finished the last 26 rows of 240 stitches each in the lace pattern that I realized that I had knit it with a synthetic yarn rather than my standard wool. 

O.M.G.  Did I really just do that?  Did I really just spend months working on a sweater dress that I CAN'T BLOCK INTO SHAPE?!?!?!!?

I really cannot believe myself.  Over 60% of the detail is lost when the yarn contracts back into its natural position.  I am beside myself. 

1 comment:

Sherryl said...

Still looks good to my eyes!