Friday, January 7, 2011

Scrappy Longies

I'm nearing the end of another large-ish project.  It makes me both happy and sad that the end is near.  I love seeing the end result, and there are certainly times when the process feels onerous, but for the most part, it's sad to leave a project like this one.

My youngest daughter has had the most amazing growth spurts this fall and winter.  Over the summer, when I started knitting longies for this winter, she had a 9" inseam.  By September, she'd pushed into a 10" inseam.  By December, her 10" longies were high-waters.  Ugh.  I couldn't believe she'd grown through everything that I knit her in the past 6 months.

I debated whether or not to even bother with another round of longies this close to her second birthday.  Afterall, didn't her sister potty-train by 22 months?  Well, we're at 23 months now and no sign of potty training is on the horizon.  She's going to be a few more months, I think.  BUT just to make sure I didn't knit for naught, I planned this pair to be smaller in the can and longer in the legs. I figure she can still wear them next fall, after she's out of diapers.  I hope.

So I hauled out my precious cestari scraps and went to work.  Maybe they aren't that precious, but I don't have too many as I haven't done a lot of cestari projects.  They're perfect for a toddler as they hold up to some abuse and don't pill much.

Without further ado, here they are, with the  buttons that I sculpted for them this afternoon.  I plan to fold them up and use the buttons to hold them there this winter.  Afterall, a 12.5" inseam ought to be too long for all of this winter

No comments: