Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Sweater Pattern

A few weeks ago I wrote about working on a sweater pattern.  Since then, I have completed the first draft and done a few edits based on preliminary comments from my testers.  There are still 3 people who are working on their testers who need to give me feedback before I finalize it.

I have to say, I feel remarkably good about this project.  It's been a lot of work, but the satisfaction at seeing it take place has been great.  It has been every bit as difficult as I thought it would be in some ways and in others, it's been much easier than I hoped it would be.  The two biggest challenges, beyond dealing with a dinosaur of a computer, have been doing the math to create the different sizes and figuring out how to turn a Word document into a PDF.  I'm proud to say that neither challenge stumped me.  Yay!

I am looking forward to getting the last comments from my testers and finishing up a final draft of the pattern.  I can't wait to see it out there on Ravelry for people to dowload!  The next question becomes, do I sell it or give it away for free?

In other knitting news, I have about 5 projects on the needles right now.  That's a record for me.  I have total Knitter's ADD this week.  Seriously!  I'm working on:
  • A's tube socks
  • M's mittens
  • MIL's Christmas gift
  • FIL1's Christmas gift
  • step-father's Christmas gift
  • my own sweater
  • extended legs on capris
I also need to finish writing up my pattern for the pumpkin seed hat and do another sweater from my pattern to test the largest size.  No one else seems interested in testing that size.  It's a good thing that size will fit A so my knitting won't be all for nothing.

Here are a few pictures:








Yep.  Doesn't look too exciting, does it?  I think that's why I have knitter's ADD.  None of my projects is really all that interesting.  Most are actually the sort I usually stuff in my purse for days when I know I"m going to be riding the bus or waiting in line somewhere.  Sigh.  Maybe I need a little excitement!

1 comment:

3palermosplusone said...

I heart the stripe socks, do they come in my size? :)