Thursday, August 26, 2010

Knock This One Off My To-do List!

I finished the first pair of my two Yarn For Woolies swap projects.  Yay!  I'm super pleased with how they worked out.  Everyone likes them, including the mama who will receive them.  What's best, though, is that even though I made a mistake in the cable, the mistake didn't ruin them.  In fact, it spurred a whole slew of ideas for future projects.  I love a happy accident!

I am now working on a matching hat to go with them.  Non-cabled this time as I'm not sure how much time I have to finish it before my next yarn shipment arrives! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great! Love 'em!

What's your favorite yarn source?
-I

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous! Who's the yarn artist and what's the colorway? I LOVE semi-solids :)

TheCraftyQueen said...

The yarn is by Becoming Art and is called Luminous. I love semi-solids as well and think that the current yarn-artist community is making too few of them!

Stephanie said...

Ooh, thanks for the reply...I had to come back and check this morning! I totally agree about there not being enough semi-solids out there! I love the classic look of them and I of course love not having to worry about pooling, striping, etc :) Keep up the beautiful work!

TheCraftyQueen said...

Thanks! I plan on knitting myself into a stupor this winter. LOL. I even have plans to knit myself a sweater, even though it feels a bit ambitious.

Semi solids are really a relief as far as pooling goes. I still alternate skeins, but don't worry while I knit.