Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summary of My Menu Experiment

Well, the week has passed and my experiment is over. I have to say, all in all, we did pretty well. We often ate the meals on different days than I had planned, but I did serve them all and we even made it through the leftovers. Of course, I still have that second half of the chicken casserole in the freezer, but I can think of good ways to use that!

Some of the meals from the week that went over particularly well were:

Cheater's Tuna Casserole
1 box of whole wheat Velveeta Shells and Cheese
1 can of tuna
random fruit and raw veggies to suppliment

You can probably figure out what to do.

Bangers and Mash
2 packages of chicken sausage
1/2 of a green cabbage
4 red potatoes
one onion
salt to taste
butter for the potatoes, for whipping

In the crock pot place the washed and cut potatoes, the chopped onion, the sliced cabbage, and the sausages. Add enough water to almost cover the sausages. Turn it on and let it go. After all is cooked (5 hours on high or 8 on low), remove the foods and whip the potatoes with butter.

This coming week, I"m doing an even more extravagant experiment in pre-planned cooking. Read on above for the details!

No comments: