Thursday, May 20, 2010

Once a 2-week Cooking

I began my once a month cooking experiment yesterday, as you must have already read. :D Last night, after the girls went to bed, I started cooking. I knew I wouldn't be able to get all14 recipes done, but I wanted to do what I could before bedtime.

I was able to accomplish much more than I thought! In 90 minutes, I managed to cook 5 of the recpies AND do the cleanup! I was amazed at how easy it was. A few of the recipes required no more than simply combining ingredients and packaging them for the freezer. Easy peasy!

Tonight, I'll continue and try to put in another 90 minutes, and then tomorrow night as well. In the future, I'd rather get someone to play with the girls and simply spend a whole afternoon working on it and get it done at once. It's not bad to do it in blocks, but the payout of 14 days of meals for 3 nights of cooking is lower than I would like.

No comments: