Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How Hard Can It Be?!

How hard can it be to find a sewing pattern for girl's bloomers. I'm not talking about the simple pants that come with every dress pattern. I want something a bit more tailored, a bit more refined. I want something more like the bloomers of vintage era costumes. Maybe a bit of tucking, a button or two in either strategic or decorative places... something that uses elastic at the top and gathering into a sewn band at the bottom.

Oh, and did I mention that it has to have either a gusset or extra fabric in the crotch? I want something that doesn't come to a sharp seam right at the most uncomfortable point. It has to be something my girl can run, jump, roll, swing, and otherwise rough-house in with comfort.

I know I'm a bit of an anachronistic soul, but my girl doesn't like to remain upright and has comfort issues with every under-dress solution I have tried. And I refuse to let her hang out with it all hanging out, as it were.

Do I really have to draft my own pattern?! Really? Sob.

No comments: