Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Childhood Memories

Now that we've moved into our new house in the country, we find that we're reliving a number of childhood experiences. By this, I mean that we are suddenly living a lifestyle which more closely resembles that of our childhoods and are now providing for our children experiences that parallel our own.

For example:
  • newer subdivision with lots of young families
  • undeveloped land nearby
  • parks within walking distance
  • Sentry withing walking distance
  • carpeted home
  • space for a dog
  • fenced backyard
  • carpeted kitchen

and so on. This week, however, I found myself reliving one more very small childhood memory in a way I didn't expect to. I bought 2 half-gallon bags milk and as I plopped one into the white plastic pitcher provided by the dairy I had a sudden moment of disorientation. I was wondering why the pitcher wasn't red. Mom, do you remember when we drank milk from bags and the plastic pitcher that held the bag was red? It's been 30 years since we poured our milk from a red pitcher, but I still remember it.

1 comment:

Sherryl said...

Yes, I remember the bags in the plastic pitcher. It was when we lived in Minnesota. For a minute, I thought you were talking about the moo cow creamer pitcher which, I believe, is still around here somewhere. You must take it home with you!