Thursday, October 29, 2009

Chocolate Medicine

A few nights ago, I was having a rough evening. Through a mismanagement of time and resources, my baby ended up only having one meal during the hours I was at work. After I got home, she was absolutely miserable. She was clinging to me like a little monkey. She wouldn't let me sit down, wouldn't let me put her down, wouldn't let me cook, wouldn't let me do any of the many things I need to do in the hour between arriving home and getting dinner on the table.

I finally got so frustrated that I set her down in the excersaucer, sat next to her, and just said, "Look. You need to calm down for a few minutes! I can't handle this!"

My soon to be three-year-old came up to me with a Kit Kat bar in her hand and said, "This will make you feel better." She then proceded to occupy and entertain the baby for 10 minutes while I took a break. I relaxed, the baby calmed down and started giggling, and in fact, I did feel better.

How many toddlers do you know of that can prescribe chocolate medicine when needed?

1 comment:

3palermosplusone said...

Awww I taught her so well :) hehe. she is one smart little girl and will be a wonderful mama some day :)