Sunday, February 15, 2009

Caught Red-Handed

Our older daughter had her first red-handed experience this week.

I had made chocolate cupcakes for my husband, who was having a chocolate craving. There were a few left that he hadn't claimed yet and A saw them on the counter while we were putting together dinner. She asked if she could have one and I told her that yes, she could, but she wouldn't get it until after dinner.

I turned away from the counter to check on the burgers that were in the frying pan. When I returned my attention to A at the counter, I noticed that she had her fingers in her mouth and the foil was up from the pan with the cupcakes.

"Did you get into the cupcakes?!"

The look on her face was priceless. It was almost as if she didn't realize why she was in trouble. Unfortunately for her I know she's smarter than that, so no cupcake for A!

1 comment:

FelinexGoddess said...

Oh that's just great. Sounds like something abby would do.