Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Homemade Detergent Update

For those of you who noted my entry about homemade detergent, I'm happy to provide an update. It seems to be working very well. I'm about to make my second batch after about 6 weeks or so of 6 loads/week. Not bad! It smells lovely at first, but then the scent is gone from the clean clothes which is also very nice!

Our cat has a habit of peeing into the basement drain right next to the laundry machines, so scented detergents really make MY visit down there much more enjoyable! Maybe because of that, I'm considering trying out the laundry soap from this site:

Jenny's Simply Clean

She offers a ton of scents and it seems like her formula is essentially the same as what I made. The price seems good, too! Maybe I'll get some as a post-partum gift to myself...

One thing I have been noting this week is that my old ratty wash clothes that I use for wiping faces after meals are starting to repel water. I can only imagine this has to do with buildup of some sort. It makes me leery of using the detergent on my dipes.

1 comment:

ID said...

I've been making homemade detergent too! I'm glad to hear it's working for you as well. You've been in my thoughts lately! :)