Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Amazing Repeating Toddler

A has hit that stage where everything she says comes out of her mouth at least three times. I really thought that this stage came much later... like at age 3 or 4! Boy, was I wrong. I feel like Homer Simpson when Bart and Lisa wanted to go to Crustyland.

"Can we go, Dad?"

"Can we go, Dad?"

"Can we go, Dad?"

"Can we go, Dad?"

"Can we go, Dad?"

"Can we go, Dad?"

LOL. Lately it's been, "Blow bubbles?" or "Play playdough?" or "Shower now?" ad nauseum. The biggest is, "What sound, mama?" She wants to know what EVERY sound she hears is. Every single one, from the furnace to the dishwasher to the cat to the neighbor's truck. I try to be patient. Really, I do! C has started saying back to her, "What do you think it is?" I think that's probably the best strategy. It puts her on the spot more instead of us.

Photobucket

3 comments:

3palermosplusone said...

LOL she does that with me all day too!

Steph said...

too funny. love the glasses picture, too. does she put them on herself? i have the darndest time getting R to wear any kind of glasses even though I think she's adorable in them!

TheCraftyQueen said...

She does put them on herself, and they are always upside down.