Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Update on the Oddness

Well, I contacted the customer service of the company that actually sent the book last week. On their records, I was the one to order it. They said that their info comes from Amazon and that I should contact them.

I went to Amazon and tried to send them an email asking who sent it. In order to email customer service at Amazon, you need to supply an order number. The problem here is that I have no order number as my most recent order placed with them was over 2 weeks prior to the order date that I would like to discuss.

I could call them and speak with a CS rep in person. In fact, I'm going to have to if I want to resolve this. The problem here is that it's 10 days from Christmas and everyone and their mother is calling CS. My issue really isn't pressing for time, but how weird is it going to look that I waited 3 weeks to contact them?

I don't really want to go to the trouble of sending it back. Post offices are just not much fun with a 2 year old in tow. I don't need a refund as I never paid for the book. It's not on my credit card or on my Amazon account. I just want to know WHY it arrived and that they aren't going to come after me three months from now requesting payment. Then I will happily donate it to a book drive.

And on a second odd note, we also recieved in the mail an SD card. It was taped into a manilla envelope with masking tape and then that envelope was inside a white envelope with all of our names on it. No packaging, just a card. ??? We won't put it into the computer to see what's on it because, hello, that could be disaster. But where did it come from?!?

No comments: