Monday, November 17, 2008

Target carseat adventure

I don't know if you've heard, but Target had a pricing snafu last night on their website. They listed two very expensive and very highly reviewed carseats for a price that has to be so far below wholesale it isn't even funny.

The carseats, Britax Marathons, are normally $270 plus shipping. Target was selling two models for $43 and $60 each, with FREE shipping. As the evening wore on, word spread that Target intended to sell the carseats for $43 and $60 OFF regular prices. Oops.

Lots of parents bought 1-4 of the carseats at the mistaken price thinking to either accommodate a younger child or to upgrade their current systems. Me, I bought one for our upcoming baby for my car. (A won't be out of her carseat a year from now, when the new baby needs to move out of the infant seat, so we WILL need two new convertable carseats.) I really didn't believe the price could be right, but who wouldn't get in line just in case it was true?

There is a lot of speculation was to whether or not Target will honor the orders. Some CS reps are telling customers that any order will be honored. Some reps are saying that no orders will be honored. Some are telling people that only orders for fewer than 4 carseats will be honored.

My order has not been cancelled and is showing up in my account. I received an email stating that I would receive my carseat between December 29th and January 16th. We'll see! I sure hope I do get my carseat. It would be a great savings for us.

If you'd like to see the sweet little carseat I tried to order, here is the Amazon link:

Cowseat

2 comments:

sherilaugh said...

I sure hope you get it.. that's frickin adorable!

TheCraftyQueen said...

I didn't. Target cancelled ALL of the orders from that price mistake. We'll be doing our Christmas shopping elsewhere.