Saturday, January 12, 2008

Got bit by the bug

And no, not the creative bug. We have hosted the stomach flu. Ugh. It's bad enough when Mama gets it. It's worse when daycare calls and says that they can't take the baby the next day because they have the stomach flu, too. What gets even better, is a sick husband who needs to be taken care of. And no, theFates don't give time off for recuperating before asking you to care for someone else who's sick. Oh, and let's PLEASE not forget that there is a toddler in the house and yes, she's not potty trained yet... Thank heavens for the rotavirus vaccine. While we were certainly changing some pretty messy diapers, she had just enough immunity to keep away from the puking. I love that disposable diapers are to easily obtained. I don't want to imagine washing that many stomach flu diapers while I myself have the stomach flu. Can you say, ewww?

On top of all of that, I had a chest cold going into the stomach flu and it was worse on the other side. I didn't sleep for several nights because of the cough. And of course this weekend I'm on my own as my husband is off earning a new certification. I'm not trying to sound like I'm angry with him for not being here. It's just Murphy's Law times ten. The only good part about that is that the amount of cleaning up I have to do this weekend is limited to the works of two people, and not three.

Oh, but wait, we're not done! Tonight, while I still have the cough and sore throat, while the baby is sneezing a gallon of snot every five minutes and screaming bloody murder every time I wipe her nose... what do we have? PINK EYE! Ugh... I suppose I'll be spending tomorrow morning at the walk-in clinic with a sneezy, snotty, impatient toddler. Why does this never happen when my husband is around to help?!?

No comments: